Friday, February 27, 2009

Oscar Fashions: Couples

Yeah, I'm posting about the Oscars again. Why? Because I can. :-)

Even those years when I'd stopped watching the Oscars, I'd flip through magazines or surf the 'net checking out what people wore to the show. I love the whole red carpet fashion show thing, and not just the Oscar version. All the awards shows are fair game when it comes to rating the fashions. And it still amazes me how horribly wrong some choices are. Many of these celebrities use stylists to get them all glammed up for those special occasions, and many of those stylists should be drawn and quartered. (And the celebrities who went along with their choices should be banned from red carpet events until they take some sort of style class or something.)


So, for today, here are some 2009 Oscar fashion winners in the couples category (Beware, some of these will appear on both the winners and losers lists):

I love this picture of Brad and Angelina. In most photos, they are posing and seem so serious. This one is such a spontaneous image full of humor. It's a great shot of one of the most beautiful couples at the awards. And Angelina's jewelry is beautiful. Great shade of green.



Another beautiful couple, Diane Lane and Josh Brolin. I have to admit, as wonderful as she looks, Diane will be on both my good and bad lists. I'm not the biggest fan of the regular neck tie style tux, but sometimes it works. Josh certainly carries it off well.







Another great couple; Robert Downey, Jr. and his wife Susan. Again, the neck tie style tux, and again, it works. Susan is a producer on Robert's upcoming Sherlock Holmes movie. I am so looking forward to that one. And don't they make a beautiful couple. I love her hair. The only thing that could have made them better was if Robert was sporting the little goatee-moustache he had in the movie Iron Man. That is such a sexy look on him.




Not a real-life couple, but a couple in the movie Slumdog Millionaire and on the red carpet, Dev Patel and Frieda Pinto make an attractive pair at the awards. I'm not usually a fan of single-sleeve dresses (kind of like the neck tie tux thing) but I love this dress. It was gorgeous. I can't believe all the people I've heard on E! and the TV Guide Network who talk about it being a poor choice. I really thought she was beautiful in this dress.





And I think this is my favorite couple. Why? Well, not just because I'm a Star Trek fan (which I am) or because they both look pretty dapper (which they do - even with the regular neck tie) but because of what they represent. George Takei and his partner of over 21 years Brad Altman were married in September of 2008.

No comments: