Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Big Bang Theory

OK, the first time I tried to watch this show, I really didn't like it. Thought it was kind of boring in fact. So, I left it alone and forgot all about it, figuring it wouldn't last long anyway. About a year later, the hubs heard about this show and wondered why I'd never mentioned it to him. He borrowed the DVD of the first season from a friend, and we've been working our way through those episodes.

I'm glad I've given this one a second chance. It's not a bad show really. Even better if you know a "geek" type person to watch it with. My husband understands the way Sheldon, Leonard and their friends on this show think. Basically, he "gets" it. Watching it with him seems to help me understand the humor all that much more myself.

This is a pretty quiet little show...kind of a surprise that sneaks up on you. Some of the laughs are a bit subtle, and maybe that's what makes it work so well. I've always liked Johnny Galecki and am glad to see him back on TV. (This part seems to fit him.) The rest of the cast works well also, fitting together like the "geeky" friends they portray. It's a show worth checking out.

No comments: