Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Mist


I was so disappointed in this movie. For the most part, it wasn't too bad. It's been a while since I read the original story, so I was willing to give it the benefit of a doubt. There were a lot of "name" actors in it, so the expectations were kind of high there as well. In some parts, there was just too much going on at once. In others, you were waiting for something to happen. But, the worst of all was the ending. Why they felt they had to change it from the ending in the story I'll never know. The story's ending was perfect, left you guessing. This one was one HUGE cliche. I really am getting tired of movies that fall back on the usual. What happened to original thought and pulling out the unusual?

If you are a big Stephen King fan, yeah, you'll want to see this. If you're local rental place has a cheap rental day, I'd get it then. Or better yet, catch it on one of the movie channels when it comes on. Why pay extra for what will be a bit of a disappointment?!?



No comments: