Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Night, and Good Luck

I had such high hopes for this one. I'm not a huge George Clooney fan, but I like him well enough. And David Strathairn, who plays Edward R. Murrow, is a wonderful actor. As a person who thinks censorship and the like is basically a mortal sin, I feel Joseph McCarthy is one of the most despicable human beings to ever walk the Earth. So, I was looking forward to this movie; a look at how Edward R. Murrow and Fred W. Friendly brought down the fear monger that was McCarthy.

OK, I knew it wasn't going to be an action flick. I guess you could say it's more of a docudrama maybe. But, did it have to be so boring?!?! I just could not get into this movie. It was slow, dull and disappointing.

Maybe I'll try this one again later. I've picked up novels that I couldn't get through at first, then tried again later on and really liked them. So, I've made a deal with myself to give this one another try in a few months. Who knows....




No comments: