Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman

On Friday, September 26, 2008, we said goodbye to Paul Newman, one of the greatest actors to ever grace the stage and screen.

One of Newman's best known movies, and the first pairing with Robert Redford.




My favorite Redford/Newman film.

This is not one of Newman's best movies, although he did win the Oscar award for his reprisal of the role he originated in The Hustler, Eddie Felson. I think the award was more for his history of work, as is often the case when it comes to the Academy Awards.

There so many great Paul Newman movies. Hombre, The Towering Inferno, Cool Hand Luke, Cars...the list goes on and on. If I put posters up here for my favorites, this blog would be much too long.
I think it's time for a Paul Newman film festival. What better way to celebrate his life and career.



No comments: